Dla wersji firmware od 4.11
Data aktualizacji 14 07 2011
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Hardware requirement
- 3 Software requirement
- 4 RecordMAN.client application configuration
- 5 Operation with recording server
- 6 Recordings operation
- 7 Using application outside the local network
- 8 Previous version
RecordMAN.client application can be used for recording and listening phone calls realized using embedded recording (EbdRec) system installed in Slican PABXes. RecordMAN.client application, after defining recordings server address and appropriate access parameters, log into server and download its content, presenting list of recordings which can be listen or save in location defined by user (under only one condition, PABX admin assigned appropriate privileges in ConfigMAN application). Complete description of functions and configuration of embedded recording system installed in Slican PABXes can be found in ConfigMAN programming instruction. As recordings server any Slican PABX (CXS-0424, CCT-1668, MAC-Zero or MAC-6400) or PC with RecordMAN.server application installed (description of this application functionality can be found in appropriate instruction manual) can be used. Using RecordMAN.client application, it is possible to listen recordings stored in local archive create earlier using this application. Chapter 2 describes requirements needed to using any of mentioned recordings source.
- Operating system - Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
- Processor Pentium 300MHz or better
- At least 128 MB RAM memeory
- At least 5GB free space on hard drive
If firmware 4.10 is installed in PBX, to download recordings from PBX or recording server it is necessarily to use software in version 3.00. Software in this version is compatible with previous firmware version and can be used with versions earlier than 4.10. In this situation it is necessarily to check field Compatibility mode in window Application settings>Application. This field is presented on below figure.
Fig. 1 Window Application settings>Application
Field Password is not used and loggin can be peformed according Login and hardware key.
RecordMAN.client application configuration
During first launching of RecordMAN.client application unique hardware key is generated - HardKey, this key enables access to recordings only from specified PC. Info about HardKey is uploaded to PBX automatically during first recording downloading from PBX. It is always possible to compare this key with data downloaded from PBX using ConfigMAN. Hardware key generated during application installation is presented in window visible on figure 6. The same hardware key should be entered in ConfigMAN , sheet Embedded recordings/RecordMAN.client accounts.
During first launching of RecordMAN.client application following window appears:
If you choose „Run authorization wizard” option, procedure of setting parameters and first log-in to PBX is started. Below figure presents authorization wizard window, while authorization procedure is presented in next text:
- From PBX admin you should gain information concerning PBX IP address and enter it into field Address of the server.
- PBX admin should create new record in sheet Embedded recordings/RecordMAC.client accounts and enter data into fields Log and Pss and inform RecordMAN.client user about these data
- RecordMAN.client user should enter these data to appropriate fields in authorization wizard window. After fulfilling above mentioned fields and pressing Next following window will appear:
Fig. 4 Hardware identifier of PC with RecordMAN.client installed
- Authorization process was finished. After pressing Close button application start window including authorization data can be visible:
Window visible above is very similar to widow presented on figure 1. However it is possible now to download data from defined previously recording server. Additionally instead of „Run authorization wizard” button, information about authorization data is presented. Entered data can be always changed after pressing Settings button. In window (visible on figure 5) which appear after pressing Settings button there is possible also change server which RecordMAN.client log into.
Operation with recording server
Log into PABX
Log-in to PBX can be performed as follows:
- First log-in into the server should be always executed with PBX, not with application RecordMAN.serwer, it assures uploading into PBX hardware key which was generated during installation process.
- Process of uploading hardware key is described in chapter RecordMAN.client application configuration. This key is visible in Application settings window and by pressing button located near field with hardware key is copied into clipboard, from clipboard it can be pasted in any place. Hardware key enables to log-in only from PC with appropriate hardware key.
- Before downloading recordings from server, RecordMAN.client forces primary password (granted by PBX admin) change and new password is uploaded to PBX. Due to this operation also PBX admin doesn't know this password, because in ConfigMAN this password is presented as * (asterisk) string.
As mentioned above, after pressing Settings button, new window appears, where change of recording server is possible.
In this window all configuration data (except password) are visible - this password is known only to authorized person. If in field Address of recording server PBX IP address is entered, PBX with this address is recording server, under condition that in sheet Embedded recording / RecordMAN.client accounts, in ConfigMAN application following identical data are entered:
- password and
- hardware identifier shown in window above.
Log into RecordMAN.serwer application
If in window visible on figure 6, field Address of recording server is fulfilled with IP address of computer with RecordMAN.server application installed, RecordMAN.client application connects to this computer an reads data downloaded from PABX. Login and password should be the same as defined in PABX. There is a possibility of reading data from server installed on the same computer as RecordMAN.client application. To do this, field Select server type should be fulfilled with option Local server. In this situation also entering login and password is required.
After selecting option Local disc from File menu special browse window with list of folders is displayed, in this widow RecordMAN.client user can select a location on disc, to store recordings archive. After selecting folder with name Data, including day folders with call recordings, all recorded calls will be show in application main menu. Until option EbdRec server from File menu is selected, all operations are executed on recordings files stored in recordings archive.
Independent on recordings server (PABX, remote server, local server, local disc) in main window you can see recordings available for RecordMAN.client user. On the left side of window, list of day folder is visible and in the main part of window you can see the recordings included in selected day folder. In the pane on the right side there is visible legend with descriptions used for stored recordings.
RecordMAN.client application user can see in main window only recordings according his/her access privileges granted in ConfigMAN application. These privileges are detailed define in chapter 3.4. At the bottom of RecordMAN.client application main window, there are standard icons for play, stop and wind back or wind forward selected recordings, as also store recordings to computer disc as .wav file. Detailed description of actions, which can be executed is included in next chapters.
As presented on fig. 6, in main window of RecordMAN.client application there is a filtering pane, which enables to select specified recordings from all available for user.
For searching recordings following fields are used:
- Internal sub. – after entering a PABX extension number into this field and pressing Filter button, all calls with specified extension number as a part of this call will be selected. If in this field several extension numbers, separated by spaces, are entered, selected will be all calls with at least one of above mentioned extension numbers as a part of call.
- External sub. – after entering this field with any external number, selected will be all calls with this number as one of call part. Similarly as for Internal sub. field, if you enter several external numbers, separated with spaces, selected will be all calls with at least one of above mentioned numbers as a part of call.
- Connection – in this field you can select one of five possible options, depending on kind of call. Possible are following options: incoming, outgoing, internal, or transit. If call type isn't important, option all should be checked.
- Time period – in this field you can define time period when searching call started.
- Only selected call – if this field is checked and you select specified records from list of recordings, application searches all recordings created during call including selected recording, if call was transferred there are more than one recordings created during this call.
After fulfilling all fields, which are important for searching specified call or calls, press Filter to execute search according defined conditions.
Example: If in field Internal sub. there is number 105, field External sub. is empty, option outgoing is selected in field Connection and period from 9:00 to 11:00 is entered to field Time period, after pressing Filter button all outgoing calls established between 9:00-11:00, dialed from extension number 105 will be search.
Defined search conditions are valid independently on selected day folder. So, if you change day folder, only calls according filter conditions will be selected and shown. Pressing Reset button filter condition settings will be erased. After erasing filter condition settings all recordings from selected day folder will be shown.
After checking field only selected call there is no necessary to press Filter button. Application automatically shows recordings, which are parts of the same call.
It is possible to make following operations:
- After pressing button, recording will be played.
- After pressing button, just played will be finished.
- After pressing button just played recording will be stopped. Next pressing this button will resume playing.
Next group of buttons can be visible only after selection of recording stored as a several files (transfered between subscribers). Following operations are possible:
- After pressing button previous recording of specified call will be selected. This button is not active if selected recording is first recording of specified call.
- After pressing button, selected recording will be reviewed by 15s.
- After pressing button, selected recording will be forwarded by 15s.
- After pressing button next recording of specified call will be selected.
RecordMAN.client application enables to store recordings - downloaded from recording server – to disc of computer with launched application. To do this, specified recording on list of recordings downloaded from server, should be selected and button pressed. Selected recording will be stored in specified location as a .wav file. Mentioned above button is active only, if appropriate privileges are assigned to RecordMAN.client application user. Detailed description of privileges possible to assign to RecordMAN.client application user can be found in next chapter.
RecordMAN.client application privileges for specified account (specified PC) are defined in ConfigMAN application by PABX admin. In chapter 2 there are described requirements for log in RecordMAN.client application user to recording server. To enable application user to log into recording server, it is necessarily to create an account with user log-in and hardware identifier of PC with RecordMAN.client installed. Additionally for this account recording access levels, internal line filter and how deep (how many days) from recording history recordings can be accessed. For every recording in system specified access level is assigned and only recordings with appropriate access level can be visible. In ConfigMAN application following settings can be defined for every account:
- Full access – all recordings can be accessible for specified RecordMAN.client account.
- Restricted access – for specified account can be defined all conditions which must be fulfilled by recordings, to access recordings from this account. Mentioned above conditions are following:
- Recording access levels – for specified account only recordings with access levels coherent with account access levels.
- Internal line filter – if in this field extension number is entered, only recordings established with this number as will be visible for specified account.
Settings of both above fields operate together, if in first field you define levels A and B, while in second field number 100 is entered, accessible will be only recordings with access level A and B, established with extension number 100.
- Number of days from recording history – in this field you can defined number of days from recording history for which recordings will be accessible for specified account.
- No access – by setting this option, RecordMAN.client application user after connecting to recording server will be see the message You have no privileges to view recording archive. This option can be used for temporarily lock an account. Due to this option account can be locked an after some time unlocked without necessity of resetting all parameters.
Using application outside the local network
RecordMAN.client application is destined to be used in LAN network and due to security reason it id not recommended to use it in WAN.
Although, if it is necessarily it can be realized by using three methods:
- By setting LAN card mode to Router and connecting public access to WAN socket. In such configuration only encrypted redcordings should be used.
- By creating virtual private network VPN in location where application should be installed. Concerning method of creating such network you should contact with LAN admin.
- By using RecordMAN.server application working i appropriate configuration.
- RecordMAN.client application - it is recommended to change port used to communication with server, from 21 to any another if in LAN network exists any other FTP server or any service using port 21.
- RecordMAN.server application - it is necessarily to limit passive port range and change of listening port if such change was made in RecordMAN.client application.
- introduce some changes in firewall, to assure connection between client and server application.
To obtain full information about configuration method of recording system for maintaining from outside of LAN network, please contact with PBX admin.
Instruction for previous version of RecordMAN.client you can find here: