BRV - Instruction manual
- 1 Features of Slican doorphones
- 2 Installation
- 3 Doorphone using
- 4 Safety requirements while using BRV series doorphones
- 5 Certificate of conformity, proper device disposal
- 6 Notes
Features of Slican doorphones
BRV (BRV-KN1P, BRV-KN1N, BRV-KN2P, BRV-KN2N) series doorphones can work with following Slican PABXes:
- Slican CMT,
- Slican PMS-08,
- Slican CCA-2720,
- Slican NCT-1248,
- Slican CCT-1668,
- Slican MAC-6400,
- Slican CXS-0424
Mentioned above doorphones are equiped with one or two buttons with possibility of defining dialed extension number.
Following table presents number of doorphones possible to connect, depending on PABX type (Table 1).
|Slican CMT|| |
|Slican PMS-08|| |
|Slican CCA-2720|| |
|Slican NCT-1248|| |
|Slican CCT-1668|| |
|Slican MAC-6400|| |
Table 1: Maximal number of doorphones depending on PABX type
Doorphone connection method is the same for all PABX types, differences are visible only while PABX programming (to know how to programm PABX to working with doorphone, see PABX programming instruction).
BRV doorphones are devices controlled by microprocessor, which enable following activities:
- maintenance of 1÷2 button(s) of touch controlled keypad, after pressing any of these keys ringing phones connected to the PABX,
- extablish call after dialing doorphone number (listening),
- switching electro-lock (opening door) directly from phone while conversation,
- possibility of connecting additional button or movement detector for opening door,
- audio status signaling – pressing button, disconnection, etc.,
- call time duration – not longer than 3 minutes,
- power supply by save voltage 12VAC or 12VDC,
- detecting busy (500 ± 100 ms) and unavailability (250 ± 50 ms) tone, due to mentioned above detection possibility of cooperation with PABXes of other manufacturers is assured.
KN cassete dimensions
Doorphones are available in several versions – see Table 2. They enable for maintenance up to 2 buttons, connecting with two wires. Additionally button or movement detector can be connected to doorphone, they enable to opening door from inside.
Table 2: Doorphones versions
Doorphones require appropriate transformer (if they are not powered from DC current) to power supply. This transformer is also needed for electro-lock power supply.
Opening doorphone housing
BRV doorphone construction could be seen on Fig. 2. Doorphone housing can be open after unscrew bolt on top of front panel (see pos. 1 on Fig. 3). After unscrewing this bolt, it is possible to:
- Deassebly the front panel – swing the front panel about 30° from vertical position and remove it from hinges (to the top) – see pos. 2 on Fig. 3.
- Swing the front panel about 90° (perpendicularly to the rest of housing) – this position is very helpful while connecting wires to the doorphone terminals (panel is locked) – see pos. 3 on Fig. 3.
As default, doorphone can be used for over- and under-plaster mounting. To mount doorphone, front panel should be removed (see chapter 2.1).
Doorphone can be mounted on the outside of wall or column (Fig. 4). Housing for over-plaster mounting should be fixed by three stretcher pins 8. Wires should be entered by hole in the back side.
Appropriate hole should be forge and brick up evenly to the wall face,m as it is seen on Fig. 5. Wires should be conducted on the back side, under the plaster.
To change card with button description, housing should be opened, maximally swing front panel (eventually remove it), unscrew bolts for fixing electronic board to the housing.
Four wires cable should be connected to the doorphone. Two wires are used for the connection beetween doorphone and PABX, next two wires assure power supply – these wires are connected to the transformer, located for example near the PABX. Supply cable (2 wires) should not be longer then 20m and cross-section 0,5mm2 (standard phone cable), while for longer distances wire shoulg be thicker. Voltage drop on wires while electro-lock is on (depends on type of used electro-lock) can causes improper device operation.
Connecting doorphone (Fig. 7) should be executed as follows:
- Terminals „LINE+” and „LINE-” should be connected to one of analogue internal ports in PABX (subscriber ports), this port should be used as doorphone port (see PABX programming manual). Connection polarity is imprtant in this situation. By doorphone internal terminals signs „+” i „-” can be found, these signs define voltage polarity. If wires are replaced, device not working (PABX nor doorphone will NOT be damaged). Additionally BRV doorphone signals this situation with error alarm – three beeps while trying to dial number (after pressing upper button [[Image:]]).
- Terminals „C” and „NO” should be connected in series in electro-lock supply circuit. These terminals are relay terminals (these terminals are closed for specified (programmed) time while opening electro-lock). It is also possible to use terminals „C” and „NC” - for this situation terminals are open for specified (programmed) time while opening electro-lock). Terminals can be used for another devices, ex. automatic gate etc.
- Terminals „POD” and „GND” - to these terminals button or movement sensor can be connected, which are used to opening door from inside. Closing these terminals causes relay switching on, for a time defined during doorphone programming, this time starts running after releasing button. Such button (movement sensor) operate independently on doorphone status (call, standby mode).
- Terminals „COD” and „GND” - these terminals can be used for connecting opening door sensor (reed relay). COD terminal is used to immediate switchng off electro-lock while door is open.
- Terminals „12AC” - doorphone power supply – connect to secondary winding (12VAC) of transformer included in doorphone set. Next primary winding of the transformer should be connected to 230VAC network. It is also possible to connect doorphone to DC power source (12VDC) – wires polarity is no valid.
Configuration of PABX for doorphone cooperation
To enables BRV doorphone programming and assure proper operation, PABX should adequate configured, port where doorphone is connected should be defined as „doorphone”.
PABX programming method depends on PABX model – see programming manual attached to the PABX.
To enter programming mode:
- Set the PROG (J8) jumper on electronic board.
- From phone connected to the PABX establish call with doorphone by dialing extension number defined for the port where doorphone is connected (see chapter [#2.5.Configuration of PABX for doorphone cooperation|outline 2.5]).
- After establishing call number 0987 should be dialed. In doorphone and phone speakers, 2 beeps can be hear, They are the signal of entering programming mode.
Programming sequences are prtesented in following table:
||Exiting programming mode .|
|| Number assigned to upper button (for one button doorphone this option is used for programming of this button).
After pressing [[Image:]] button, doorphone dial digits in DTMF code, depending on its settings. In this sequence sign x us used as a wildcard for any digit (maximally 4) included in dialed number, while pressing * sign accepts entered number. If you enter more digits, last four digits are used as number to dial.
Default settings = 21
|| Number assigned to lower button – as described above.
Default settings = no number (button is switched off)
|If we want to switch off any of doorphone button, appropriate sequence without extension number should be used, *1* or *2*.|
|| Time of opening electro-lock in seconds.
It is the time (in seconds) when the electro-lock is open after pressing and release * button by subscriber.
Range of regulation = 0..60 (0 – electro-lock is oper only while * button is depressed)
Sefault settings = 3
|| Doorphone loudspeaker volume.
After selecting this sequence every pressing digit 4 increase volume.
Range of regulation = 0..32 (0 – loudspeaker switching off)
Default settings = 16
|| Doorphone loudspeaker volume.
After selecting this sequence every pressing digit 5 decrease volume.
Range of regulation = 0..32 (0 – loudspeaker switching off)
Default settings = 16
|If during volume adjustement end of regulation range is achieved (it means 0 or 32),audio signaling method in handset changes, pressing key „4” after achieve value 32 (maximal volume) or key „5” after achieve value 0 (volume switching off) is signaled by another sound then earlier while pressing appropriate key (before end of range was achieved).|
|| Hard reset – restores default settings.
After entering *9 sequence (before accepting entered sequence) it is possible to cancel execution of this sequence by pressing any number key (range 0..9).
Table 3: BRV doorphone programming sequences
Pressing button * accept value of entered parameters (or option).If error appear while programming, required sequence should be entered once more with proper value and acceptation should be made by pressing *.
Example: We pressed sequence *1 123 and we stated that 123 is incorrect value. To change number to 130, sequence *1 130 should be entered and accepted by pressing *.
Doorphone Subscriber call
Pressing button, if this key is switched on (active), is signaled by single beep. Doorphone dials subscriber (or group) extension number, phone assigned to this extension number ringing. After lifting the handset, call is established. If after call subscriber hand on the handset, appropriate disconnecting signal is send to doorphone and in doorphone loudspeaker single beep can be heared. Call duration time is limited to 3 minutes,after this time doorphone disconnects autmatically with two beeps. In subscriber phone busyness or unavailability tone can be hear.
If after pressing button, subscriber doesn't lift the handset within 3 minutes, PABX finishes calling. If during calling the same button is pressed once more, calling finishes (if call is established, disconnection take place) – standby mode restores.
Subscriber Doorphone call
If PABX subscriber dials doorphone extension number, call between subscriber phone and doorphone is established. If after finishing call subscriber hang on the handset, appropriate disconnecting signal is send to doorphone and in doorphone loudspeaker single beep can be heared. Call duration time is limited to 3 minutes, after this time doorphone disconnects autmatically with two beeps. In subscriber phone busyness or unavailability tone can be hear.
Subscriber can open electro-lock connected to the doorphone, by pressing – on the phone with DTMF dialing - „*” sign (while subscriber press this key in doorphone loudspeaker appropriate signal can be heared), after releasing this key call between subscriber and doorphone can be continued, electro-lock stay open by the programmed time (it is possible to set doorphone in such way that electro-lock is open only when * is depressed). For instance it is possible to assign to phone speed access code following number: [„doorphone extension number” pause *], dialing this number causes opening door without any conversation.
Additionally it is possible to use opening door button (POD) or movement sensor. In this situation opening door is signal by beep.
Safety requirements while using BRV series doorphones
Security rules and proper using must be obligatory observed for assuring device proper operation.
Below basic rules concerning doorphones are presented. Without fulfiling these rules any claim or notice presented by users cann't be accepted by manufacturer.
Rules presented here concerns installation, premises and requirements concerning power supply network.
- Device should be installed and startup by service with manufacturer authorization.
- All installation activities should be performed according assembly an safety rules.
- Device should not be installed inside buildings or spaces with high humidity due to durability and operation of electrical elements. Doorphone housing is resistant on wether circumstances, but when installed otside building it is recommended to install in sheltered places to avoid rain and wind, wich can disturb conversation from doorphone.
- Due to risk of flood of water, devie should not be located near water reserviors (pools, taps, etc.).
- Doorphone should not be installed in premises with high dustiness or electromagnetic field intensity.
It is strictly forbidden to instal doorphone in following permises:
- in premises with direct influence of solar light,
- in premises where wibration are very often or strong,
- near radio aerials (especially for short waves).
All devices connected to doorphone should have certificates of conformity with EU regulations.
Certificate of conformity, proper device disposal
SLICAN sp. z o.o.
Access control system
| Device description:
Access control system SKD and BRV are devices to cooperation with Slican PABXes, they are connected to analogue port. They realize basic doorphone functionality. They enable to establish call between any phone connected to Slican PABX and device installed by door as well as opening electro-lock.
|Product fulfiles following EU Directive 99/5/WE R&TTE, it also fulfiles requirements of following harmonized standards: EN 60950-1:2001 + A11:2004; EN 55022:1998 + A1:2000 + A2:2003; EN 55024:1998 + A1:2001 + A2:2003;|
| Additional information:
Current text of certificate of conformity can be downloaded from website www.slican.com
Device was tested in typical configuration, while connect to SLICAN PABXes. It fulfiles requirements concerning allowed disturbances level for B class devices.
While wrong installation of device, it is assigned to A class and following warning is valid:
„This device ia A class product. In normal circumstances it may caused radio disturbances, which required user to undertake proper activity”.
- PABX must be equiped with DTMF module (CCA, PMS, NCT, CCT i MAC - standard, CMT - option).
- If PABX sends to doorphone one of these tones after hanging off the handset by any PABX subscriber, established call disconnects.
- Transformer 230V/12VAC, minimum 10VA – in our offer appropriate transformers can be find.
- NO - Normally Open,
NC - Normally Closed
- Phone must be equipped in tone (DTMF) dialing.
- If this sequence is not entered, exiting from programming (disconnecting call) mode take place automatically after 3 minutes after establishing call or immediately after hang on the handset of phone used to programing doorphone.
- Volume tuning option and programing mode exit do not require acceptation.
- If doorphone is connected to PABX of another manufacturer, it is recommended to press # button [it is required to use tone (DTMF) dialing by phone] before hanging on the handset.
- See above [#Note no 7 note].