CTIP and VoIP integration
CTIP signaling for VOIP subscriber (ver. 1) includes some limitations. After switching on CTIP signaling for VoIP subscriber (Subscribers/Special settings Field: Access levels to CTI transmission), only one call can be established from VoIP (SIP, IAX) account - only one VoIP channels can be seized, it means:
- while busyness of subscriber there is no possibility to establish second call with this subscriber;
- subscriber is not authorized to establish second outgoing call;
- while established call there is possibility to hold interlocutor without transferring him/her.
Using Slican TelefonCTI application
VoIP phone signaling forces some rules of behaviour:
- Lifting handset (empty SETUP frame) can be simulated by dialing ** , it enables to dial number by TelefonCTI application.
- How to establish call using application (TelefonCTI):
- user dials required number (or selects it from phone book) in TelefonCTI application window
- confirms it (ENTER)
- in application window, request fo lifting handset will be displayed
- VoIP client (Softphone, gateway, VoIP Phone)
- User dial ** on VoIP phone
Notices for developers concerning protocol:
- In history of dialed numbers for VoIP phone there is no proper number (** is stored).
- There is no possibility to generate FLASH via CTIP protocol (locked).
- There is no possibility to lift or hang off the handset (as analogue phone)
- Status of lifted handset (STAT) is generated when:
- incoming call is answered,
- outgoing call is generated.
- Status of hanged off handset (STAT) is generated when VoIP channel becomes free.