- 1 Introduction
- 2 Minimum requirements
- 3 Application installation
- 4 Application structure
- 5 Supporting messages and calls
- 6 Configuring Slican PBX
- 7 Use cases examples
- 8 Installing beta version
MessengerCTI.Mobile Slican Software is mobile application dedicated for Android operating system, which allow to make incoming or outgoing calls, access to phone book, call history, view status of other subscribers and chat.
Application can work together alongside desk phone and smartphone already in use by PBX subscriber.
Application have advantage of being integrated with phone book saved in PBX. MessengerCTI.Mobile is using phone book stored in PBX but phone book entries can be modified only by using system phone or by computer with MessengerCTI.Desktop application or WebCTI. Additionaly MessengerCTI.Mobile Slican software operates as internal messenger-chat. Messenger can be use by all subscribers of particular PBX if required licenses are supplied.
- application available(for free) from Google Play store - only CTI.plus license applied to PBX is required
- phone book with access to subscribers availability(chat, phone status, text status)
- option of adding and removing subscribers from favorite group, synchronised with MessengerCTI.Desktop
- history of recent calls/messages sorted chronologically
- logging with phone simultaneously as desk phone or as separate MessengerCTI subscriber(NCP PBX only)
- chat history with phone call history
- voice calling through GSM(two connection options- capture or parallel)
- flexible configuration of audio notifications
- access to PBX services configuration from phone
- rapid access number for fast call forwarding
- option of setting up busy status of desk phone if GSM is buy (on by default)
- option of setting up incoming call denying on GSM if desk phone is busy
- option of copying text from chat
- support of DualSim smartphone or two phones simultaneously (private or business)
- convenient access to opening door/gate if receiving call from doorphone DPH.IP or from context contacts menu
- additional desktop widget for fast access to open DPH.IP doorphone doors
- automatic delay of notifications for MessengerCTI.Mobile if desk phone or MessengerCTI.desktop is active
- option of copying contact from local phone book to PBX phone book
MessengerCTI.Mobile application - is available to download from Google Play store.
For installing application minimum requirements must be met:
- Android operating system - minimum version KitKat (4.4.4)
- PBX and application must have access to internet
Phone with lower version of operating system won't be able to install application.
MessengerCTI.Mobile usage is licensed do purchasing of proper license is required. Purchased serial code is used during PBX configuration, serial code defines number of users that are able to use application. Application licensing doesn't interfere with installation. After installing application, it must be configured for connecting to PBX: Settings->Account (described below).
MessengerCTI.Mobile application runs just like any other application working on Android operating system. During startup application is logging to PBX(according to setting from Settings->Account tab). After successful login synchronising between application and PBX starts(call history and chat history).
For proper communication between application and PBX, CTI account information and other functions must be configured properly. Configuration menu is placed in upper right corner of application window. From drop down menu Settings menu can be chosen.
Fields required for configuration can be found here:account, notifications, handy numbers.
Configured with information configured by PBX administrator.:
- Your telephone number: internal subscriber number(extensions) with access to CTI communication
- password: CTI user password
- advanced -> Transmission protocol port: port used for communication with PBX - by default set to TCP 5529
- Host: domain address or IP address of local PBX(public IP address for users outside LAN)
Configuring call notifications:
- ringtone: ringtone from available ones can be chosen.
- missed call: notify about missed calls on status bar.
Configuring chat messages notifications:
- message tone: tone from available ones can be chosen.
List of handy numbers available during active call, they can be user for fast forward to another number from handy list.
Configuring phone busy status depending on incoming call direction(GSM or CTI call):
- during GSM talk, internal number will be busy
- reject GSM when internal number is busy
Solving issues with proper software operation:
- debug - administrator option which is turned on on software vendor suggestion, for analysing issue logs.
After turning on debug option additional Send logs field will appear in main menu. After choosing e-mail client, application logs will be sent to software manufacturer.
Configuring application services related to connections/calls:
- DND: Do not Disturb
- forwarding calls:all will be forwarded to chosen number when busy or doesn't answer(must be noted that at first number is given, then forwarding happens)
- silence application: silent mode
Setting text status that will be visible to other MessengerCTI.Users or on screen of CTS-330 system phone.
- current software version
- type of connected PBX
- PBX firmware version
- Own number: CTI account number(internal PBX extension)
- Own comment: user comment made by administrator
Application is applying updates automatically, user can set on or off automatic updates in similar manner to other Google play store applications on phone. If new softwar version will be available in Goole Play store it will automatically download or notify about recent version.
Main application windows give access to two tab:
- Last/Recent - history of calls, chat messages and users statuses.
- Contacts - access to PBX phone book with sorting options:favourites, internal, external.
- login icon status with text status
- searching contacts
- applications settings menu
MessengerCTI.Mobile gives users intuitive preview of telephone status with seperate icon for every contact or call history event. These icons allow to chose action, check call status or inform about error/issues.
Icons and symbols
"Last/recent" starting application windows is showing history of calls. Icons located here are:
- left side: application status of other MessengerCTI.Desktop/Mobile users or call history
- right side: information about call direction and message status
Table 1 describes meaning of particular icons informing about application status of other MessengerCTI.Desktop/Mobile users:
- PBX internal subscribers - icons showing status of logged application, touching icon allows to start chat or check call history
- DPH.IP doorphone - door position, touching icon allows to check history
In case of phones being PBX extensions, icon will show phone status.
|number is busy|
|calling number or making outgoing call|
|number is not available or faulty|
|DND service is on|
Table 3 shows meaning of icons displaying calls status:
|new missed call|
Table 4 shows icons displaying message status:
|Message sent, read|
|New message, received|
|Message sent, not read|
|Message sent, read - dialogue window view|
|message sent, not read - dialogue window view|
|Message sent to logged out user - dialogue window view|
|No connection: check network connection|
|Wrong login or password: check account settings|
|App not allowed in PBX: contact PBX administrator|
Table 5: Error icons meaning.
Supporting messages and calls
For call between two users necessary are:
- proper account configuration of application and PBX
- full connection between application and PBX(full data synchronisation of application with PBX) - application icon should have green color
- installed Slican system phone, VoIP or analog phone for IPx, MAC or NCP PBX or configured MessengerCTI subscriber((only NCP PBX)
Two ways of making calls:
- from Contacts tab - choosing subscriber from particular group (if applicable), or from "All contacts" group. Call is made by touching contact tab, then choosing icon from drop down menu.
- from Contacts tab- searching for phone number in Search field by using keyboard then touching lower right corner of keyboard
- from Last/Recent - find subscriber which we had shared call(he called or we called him) and then make call by touching middle part of contact tab and choosing action from drop down menu
Connecting calls are displayed with call screen just like calls made using GSM. Application at first is connecting call to PBX dedicated number for MessengerCTI.Mobile users, configured by PBX administrator. Then PBX is connecting by transit to number chosen by MessengerCTI.Mobile. Due to that reason, required city line for PBX must be at least ISDN BRA.
Incoming calls are displayed with popping up call window and ring tone configured in application notifications settings. Calls are received by sliding icon with green handset, if we want to reject call it can be done with sliding red handset. If additional handy numbers were set, call may be forwarded to them by sliding icon with handy number. Process of receiving incoming calls works by making a return call with GSM line to application access number defined by PBX administrator.
Application allows to send and receive text messages between MessengerCTI.Desktop/Mobile user (internal chat). To send message user status icon must be touched or from drop down menu and touching contact tab, then choosing chat.
Receiving messages is displayed on notification bar by proper icon and defined ring tone.
If subscriber is using both versions of MessengerCTI, messages history is stored locally in MessengerCTI.Dekstop application.
Below is example of chat window:
Contacts tab allow to display and search for actions related to particular contacts. Numbers from other groups can be accessed from drop down contact list grouped as:
- all groups
- all contacts
By default Favourites group is visible.
By default Last/Recent tab will be visible and showing calls and chat messages history.
In history every position is at least one call or message. If there is more then one call/message and they come from sam user, on their icon number will be displayed. Every position is displaying caller number, commentary(if number is from phone book outside PBX), time and date of call.
If in history there are missed calls or messages, Last/Recent field will be marked with red dot.
History tab allows to call back or reply to messages.
Configuring Slican PBX
For proper communication between application and PBX are required:
- correct manufacturer license
- specific PBX configuration
IPx, CCT PBX configuration
With ConfigMan software:
- Inside Themes tab and then Global settings->Global settings/Remain:
- ANo:configure access number that application will chose for making call to PBX and setting up incoming call
- Adr - public host name or PBX IP address for connecting to application(for VoIP calls with application)
- Inside Subscribers menu, Tables then Subscribers->Subscribers/CTI settings:
- AwdMbl: allow access to MessengerCTI.Mobile application
- AwdGSM: allows to connect phone calls through GSM network
- IncC: setting up method of how application connects incoming calls:
- Call pickup - picking up incoming call with application means making outgoing call with GSM phone to number from 'ANo field inside Global settings/Remain
- Parrallel calling - incoming calls to GSM phone from number set in ANofield inside Global settings/Remain
- MnNo: configure GSM phone access number, on which application is installed, optionally configure second number(for dual SIM phones)
- SecNo: second GSM phone number with installed application(optional, for dual SIM phones)
For application to work with each settings, these fields parameters must be set:
- VoIP network: 1.2, 2.1
- GSM network: 1.1, 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.3 and 2.3.1 or 2.3.2
Minimum PBX firmware version - 6.53, for VoIP - 6.54
NCP PBX configuration
From ConfigWEB application:
- Extensions->Settings->CTI application settings menu, configure access number that application will use to call to PBX and make accept incoming call
- in subscriber editing for SIP, FXS, CTS, Messenger CTI number in menu Extensions->Subscribers->CTI settings
- configure GSM phone access number which will have installed application
- set up type of handling incoming calls: call pickup (only application is ringing up) or parallel calling(application and internal phone is ringing up)
Minimum software version is: 1.11.
From ConfigWEB application:
- Extensions->Settings->CTI application settings menu, configure
- Public host name or PBX IP address for XML Slican protocol - domain name or IP address for exchanging/synchronisation information and data between application and PBX
- Public host name or PBX IP address for VoIP calls - domain name or IP address for for configuring VoIP calls
- PBX number for GSM calls - which will call GSM phone with installed application to call PBX or PBX to phone and set up call (if GSM network mode is configured)
- configure subscribers for SIP,FXS, CTS, MCTI with 'Extensions/Subscribers/CTI Settings/ MessengerCTI.Mobile
- Allow access to MessengerCTI.Mobile application
- if using GSM network allow phone calls handling using GSM
- set up GSM phone access number for device with installed application
- set up second GSM phone number with installed applicatio (optional, for dual SIM devices)
- set up incoming calls handling
- call pickup - picking up incoming call with application is achievied by GSM phone making outgoing call to number set in Extensions/ Settings/ CTI applications settings / MessengerCTI'
- Parallel calling - incoming call to GSM phone from number set with Extensions/ Settings/ CTI applications settings / MessengerCTI'
For application to work, these fields must be set:
- VoIP: 1.1, 1.2, 2.1
- GSM: 1.1, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.3 and 2.3.1 or 2.3.2
Minimum PBX firmware version - 1.11, for VoIP - 1.12
Use cases examples
MessengerCTI.Mobile application is useful tool for companies that employ mobile workers which requires constant access to phone with internal number of phone system.
These employees can be a good example:
- sales department - working in different locations, office <-> outside office
- service support - constant fieldwork
- remote worker - remote work
- mobile worker - working on vast area(production halls, vast areas) -where Wifi or DECT network range won't be adequate
Installing beta version
"Beta" version contains new functionalities which will be added in next production version but not all of planned functions are implemented. This version also cointains fixes for error submited for earlier versions. It was initialy tested.
To install beta version:
- If on the phone MessengerCTI is installed, uinstall it.
- log to Google Play as application tester
In this case: Log in from computer or phone web browser to your Google account. If you hav more then account it is important to log into account which was used to configure your phone.
Click this link: beta version registration
When you will see this info:
Click BLUE BUTTON to sign up for testing
Going back to phone configuration:
- Because Google Play updates can be delayed, it is recommend to turn of Play Store application before installing MessengerCTI.
- Clicking on shortcut will start Play Store again. Search for MessengerCTI application. It is recommended to search also for Slican due to many other application using "messenger" word in their naming.
- Install application.
- Configure according to manual.j
Use beta version features.