RecordMAN.server application is one of elements of embedded recording system - EBDRec. Purpose of this application is downloading recordings from Slican PBX with launched EBDRec system; downloaded recordings are stored on any hard drive in LAN network. Due to this solution backup copy of recordings can be done, archive size can be also increased, because this size is limited only space of hard drive assigned to recordings storing.
RecordMAN.server can make recordings available for RecordMAN.client application, all privileges and restrictions for specified RecordMAN.client account, stored in PBX, are preserved.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 operating system
- CPU - Pentium 300MHz or quicker
- RAM memory - 128 MB or more
- Application disc space -5GB
- Recordings disc space - Free disc space on internal or mapped hard drive. Value of free disc space decides about number of stored recordings
RecordMAN.server application can work with recordings created by PBXes working with firmware 4.02 or newer. By default, this application is destined for recordings created in version 4.10 or newer. However, if recordings were created by older firmware (4.02 to 4.07), to maintain these recordings option "Compatibility mode" should be checked.
Software installing is performed in standard process. Only one but important condition of proper installation is assigning admin privileges to person who perform installation process.
Application configuration of RecordMAN.server can be accessed in two ways:
- In main application window select menu option "File" and next option "Settings"
- By right click on application icon in tray, select "Settings" otion in context menu
Application settings window is presented on following picture:
Meaning of particular options are as follows:
- Launching application during operating system start.
- Protection against unauthorized access to application settings. If several peoples can access to computer with RecordMAN.server,access to settings should be protected with additional password, to avoid unnecessary settings change.
- Application logs registration - it is recommended to always switch on the logs. Not only errors but also information about RecordMAN.client application users activity are registered.
- Compatibility mode settings with PBX firmware version 4.07 or earlier. Info about current PBX firmware version can be obtained from PBX admin.
Configuration window is presented on following picture:
In this window following options are available:
- Activate exchange mirroring - after switching off recordings downloading RecordMAN.client users could access only to already downloaded recordings. During next connection new recordings will be downloaded from PBX to PC
- Address of a remote recordings server - remote server for RecordMAN.server application is always PBX. In this option you can indicate IP address enables access to the PBX. By clicking in icon with magnifying glass near IP address field you can try to find remote server, but depending on configuration this operation may not be successful. Then remain only manual IP address entering. Information concerning IP address of main recording card in PBX can be obtain from PBX admin
- Port - number of network port used for establishing call between PBX and RecordMAN.server. PBX working only using port 21 and if there is no special needs, please do not change this parameter.
- HardKey - connection authorization is performed according individual HardKey. This key is unique and generated by RecordMAN.server application according hardware detected in PC. HardKey is generated by Authorization Wizzard
- Authorization Wizzard - after clicking in this icon, used by PBX IP address should be entered, as well as communication port to communicate between RecordMAN.server application and PBX. Both parameters should be obtained from PBX admin.
RecordMAN.server application should be configured also to serve recordings to RecordMAN.client application. RecordMAN.server application can operate in two working modes:
- without allowing remote clients to use archived recordings. In this situation clients are authorize only to listen recordings stored in PBX memory. Server is only backup application and increase archive size.
- allowing remote clients to use archived recordings. In this situation clients are authorize to listen following recordings - if is connected directly to PBX can listen only recordings stored in PBX memory, if is connected to RecordMAN.server application can listen recordings from archive created by RecordMAN.server. During connection with server the same restriction as for connection with PBX are valid for client.
In window "Local server" following parameters can be configured:
- remote access for clients can be switched on or off.
- it can be defined how many clients can simultaneously downloading data from server.
- listen port can be defined (by default 21). This port number must be identical as port number set in RecordMAN.client (by default also 21). This parameter should be changed only if port 21 is used by another application launched on this PC.
- force passive mode port range - this parameter is used only if client application or PBX are no in the same local network as RecordMAN.server. In router configuration, defined here ports should be forwarded to IP address of PC with installed RecordMAN.server.
Recordings on disc
For this option we can define:
- directory where data will be stored
- data range we want to archiwe using RecordMAN.server application
- Calculator - based on already downloading data it is possible to calculate maximal rang of data, which can be downloaded to disc or calculate how many disc space will be probably seized by data defined by parameter "Archive data not older than"
Application operating control
By opening application window, it is possible to monitor its operation. Connection status and number of downloaded recordings are visible. One of most important tool is client application connection window. It enables to preliminary diagnosis of all problems concerning obtaining access to recordings, as presented below:
More sophisticated diagnostic method is analysis of log files created during application operating. Logs are saved as two different files:
- mirroring.txt - in this file communication events between RecordMAN.server and PBX are stored, in this log status of connection between application and PBX is visible, also names of files downloaded to disk are visible. Below you can see, an example of such log is presented:
[11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for //2011-01-03/0280885 00 20110103 133408 eeiH 483400900 Radom 523251115
Serwis 144 Przeworek_Andrze 27 18 _A.wav (30545 bytes). [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 226 File send OK. [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 SIZE //2011-01-03/0280885 01 20110103 133436 eiiT 483400900 Radom _ _ 165 Mikolajewski_Mac 10 359 __.wav [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 213 583565 [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 PBSZ 0 [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 200 PBSZ set to 0. [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 PROT P
[11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 200 PROT now Private. [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 PASV [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,7,172,164) [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 RETR //2011-01-03/0280885 01 20110103 133436 eiiT 483400900 Radom _ _ 165 Mikolajewski_Mac 10 359 __.wav [11-04-15 10:40:47] 192.168.0.7 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for //2011-01-03/0280885 01 20110103 133436 eiiT 483400900 Radom _ _ 165 Mikolajewski_Mac 10 359 __.wav (583565 bytes).
- server.txt - in this file history of connections between server and client application is visible, you can detect what recordings were downloaded by specified user. This file analysis enables to monitor client activity and analyse what files were downloaded to listening or storing on disk. Below you can see, an example of such log is presented:
[11-04-14 11:03:11] (192.168.99.184) connection opened [11-04-14 11:03:12] MarcinZ (192.168.99.184) logged on [11-04-14 11:03:12] MarcinZ (192.168.99.184) CD /2010-08-26/ [11-04-14 11:03:12] MarcinZ (192.168.99.184) sending file //2010-08-26/0244504 00 20100826 082525 eei 502511801 Rulewicz_jur 523251184 Cala_Setka 184 Zientara_Marcin 7 138 _C.wav [11-04-14 11:03:12] MarcinZ (192.168.99.184) connection closed [11-04-14 11:31:28] (192.168.99.184) connection opened [11-04-14 11:31:28] MarcinZ (192.168.99.184) logged on [11-04-14 11:31:28] MarcinZ (192.168.99.184) connection closed
Recordings stored on hard drive of PC, were RecordMAN.server application is installed can be in standard audio files in .wav format or as encripted in .sav format. Encrypted files can be played only using RecordMAN.client application.
PBX admin decides if files should be encrypted or not, in ConfigMAN application appropriate field should be checked or not. According this checkbox RecordMAN.server application receive or not order to encryt recordings stored on HDD.